Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lymelife


I had never heard of Lymelife before, and really had no idea what to expect. Turns out that it reminded me a lot of some of the books I've been reading lately- memoirs by Augusten Burroughs, who had a very dysfunctional family. Lymelife is a coming of age story, and while fairly typical in some ways, it was a bit more serious than most. In some ways it reminded me a bit of Garden State, though the romance in Lymelife was a bit less innocent. I tend to find myself drawn to stories about messed up families, possibly because I identify with them- or because the exaggerated drama in the movies make me feel like my life is slightly more normal. Either way, I thought it was a pretty good movie- worth watching if you like dramatic family stories. However, don't be fooled by the 'comedy' label- If you're looking for a silly, fun comedy, this is probably not your best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment