Monday, August 17, 2009

The Beginning

For a long time, I have considered starting a blog. I have been writing since elementary school, and always seem to have thoughts floating around in my head, just waiting to be put into words. While I find nothing to be as satisfying as using pen and paper for my writing, I decided to finally give blogging a try.
The title of the blog- Xandra's Notebook- is fitting for my intentions. This is going to be a place where I will write as I feel inspired. I have been using Google Reader more frequently, and this has given me a lot to think about. As of right now, I have several topics in mind:
  • The way the media portrays women
  • Entertainment/media effects on children
  • Eating disorders/body image/self-esteem
  • Relationships
  • Education
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Books
I'm sure that I will end up writing about more than just those topics, but those are just a few of the things I have been thinking about recently. I hope that you will leave comments to continue discussions and add your own thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, hun! Can't wait for you to start writing :-)

    ReplyDelete